Friday 5 December 2008

Around and about

Had a busy day of things today. Went out to the top of Botany Bay and walked in stange patterns and directions on the open rough grass there. I'd let him over shoot and then I would go through the longer grass to the other side calling him 'this way!' and up he came running. He had loads of energy today. When we started the walk we had to stand for ages after getting out of the car for him to stop being so excited. Waited for a nice sit and then undid the lead. Off zooming in big circles.

When we came down to the beach there were people at the bottom of the hill with older dogs on leads. Grey had already shot down to say hello, before I managed to get him back. Up I ran back up the hill calling him. Ended up hiding near the public toilets so he'd come looking for me, which he did. We then waited nicely until the group came up the hill and passed us.

The tide was out, so we went all the way round to Kingsgate. I stood in the middle of the beach quite still. Eventually he started to get bored of going round and round and looked liked he'd be into the idea of coming back to me. So I did quite a few reps of getting him to come to me and sit for some garlic sausage.

We also played the two ball game with two tennis balls like I'd done in the house the day before. This worked a little but less well. So when he started to muck around and run off with the ball and drop it far from me, I packed up the balls for another day.

The sun was out and amazing. Beautiful clear day. There was a quad bike on the beach in the distance which Grey looked at but didn't bark or chase it. Good boy!

Back home for lunch (me not him) and then off into town on the GenCon. He did really well. Was still pulling into it alot. But not struggling as much. We went for coffee in a bar. He sat on his blanket and ate a dried turkey neck. Only got off the blanket once and was put back on it nicely. he stood outside a shop with L while I was inside with no shouting and crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment