Saturday 14 February 2009

Attention

I watched a DVD last night from a 2004 clicker expo. There was an item on working on reliability and creating strong root behaviours. While I'm at home with Grey at the moment I'm interested in activities that strengthen focus on me and increasing the bond. So we've been doing lots of really short sessions. The presentation identified this was better than one 30min session. The prersentation was by Steve White. He demonstrated some work on attantion aka watch. I've run through some of this this morning and Grey did really well. For the reactiveness to traffic quite a few people hae advised me to look at Leslie McDevitt's method of looking at the object that is causing fear and then looking at the handler in her book Control Unleashed. I'm trying not to jump around with lots of stuff, but work solidly on some foundations like being with me, attention on me, calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment