Thursday 9 April 2009

Training, Thursday 9th April 2009

This morning we headed out to the cricket field at 7.30a.m. The traffic was building but not super busy. Grey started to react to the cars again so I went straight into relxation circuits round bollards. I think I must have kept it up for 10 mins. By the end I was able to go into the centre of the field and release him with him not running back to chase the traffic.

We had a good session of voluntary check ins, long line and toy play.

We did filming today for a TV show and the director said he'd never seen such a mad dog when they wanted to film him with us on the beach. He was relatively well behaved as well. I thin what gets people is that he's like a young pup in a grown up dog body. He really has difficulty containing himself, which of course, what we're working on.

This evening I decided to take him up to Botany Bay to see some other dogs. I started some relaxation circuits as he was really excited. It calmed him a bit. We worked voluntary check ins. Then threw the toy. He ran in to another dog who was on a flexi and I wasn't able to catch him in time. Really sorry about that as he started to hump the other dog. I gathered him up, aplogised profusely and took him back to the car thinking I have to really work out how to deal with his running in to other dogs thing. Wonder if the neutering would help this.

No comments:

Post a Comment