Wednesday 23 September 2009

We're back! Normal radio contact resumes

Well, we're 80% finished with the house move and have opened a new business. Moved the cats into the bedroom, Grey into the open plan diner (help!) and the lounge and guests into our new b&b on the top floors. Picked Grey up from kennels yesterday. It's always so funny to see him after a break as I see him in a new shape everytime I see him like this. His eyes seem greyer, his beard funnier. I dunno.

He's been really good since he came back to the new house. I don't know if it's because I decided in my mind that he would have to be good! It's a lot more open plan than how we've been living in the previous house and sharing with friends and a baby. I managed to introduce him to the cats who he's been separated from and previously had been barking at when he heard them run in another room above. He was brilliant with the cats. Much more interested in their food of the food I had for him or their cat litter (yuck!). But it's all looking hopeful as I'd been quite stressed thinking how it was going to work out now I have a business to run so more doors shut so cats can't run into guest rooms. They're not too in love with Grey yet, but perhaps given time they'll settle. So far no chasing which is great.

Other news is that I tried him on his slip lead today as it was the only one I had to hand after the move. And he was fab on it. Managed to walk him round the old town across the main road and onto the Harbour Arm. Big yay on that one. Perhaps he's been at training school all week and not kennels after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment