Saturday 10 October 2009

A fantastic Day at Dog Communication Because Mutts Need Manners

Grey and I went to Surrey today to attend a group run by the lovely Laura and Penel Dog Communication. Quite honestly, the bestest activity event that we've ever done. It was brilliant. Grey was a right monkey as usual, but he seemed (well to my untrained eye!) to learn to handle himself better by his second outing in the field with the teaching dogs. Basically, if he went OTT, the teaching dogs stepped in and told him off. The other dogs were amazing and it was a lovely atmosphere. I feel really lucky to have somewhere like that within easy reach of where we live. We're definitely going again. I'm really looking forward to seeing him learn how to handle himself more. Perhaps it will have a knock on effect for other areas. And I think it will help me too. It's a safe controlled environment. No worrying while out on walks.

They think he's been slow to mature. Sounds about right. That's what Helen Phillips said too and another behaviourist we saw. 30KG of puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment