Friday 22 October 2010

Freeshaping - take a bow

I've often had problems freeshaping where Grey freezes and waits and waits as still as a statue. I thought I'm probably doing something wrong and had moved on too fast for him and was expecting too much. But then I also probably started to help him out and so it all got a bit messy. I recently read a blog post from the clicker trainer Fanny Gott who does a lot of freeshaping. So I took up the advice of building some confidence in shaping by clicking the dog for what ever he offered me for a couple of sessions. It seemed to work. We were able to quickly move on to a free shaped 'bow'. In this film this is the 2nd couple of minute session on the 'bow'. It falls apart in the middle where he starts to offer a 'down' but we manage to find the 'bow' again. Really pleased with him, as it's a big step forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment