Friday 19 November 2010

Sitting down and connectedness

A little video of me sitting down on a bench after a walk and run offlead on the beach. Not asking him to do anything, but rewarding him for voluntarily checking in. This bit of ground is heavily walked on by dogs and isn't that remote or quiet. It's also an area Grey has been walked in almost daily since he was a little pup. The camera is also a cue for training I think as usually a predictor of something exciting coming like sausage! So you see a bit where he sits in front of me. And cheeky monkey lets me know when he thinks we've sat long enough, than you!

I'll try and do more of this in different environments to see if there is any difference.

So in thinking about connectedness, a bond is really important. Choosing to come back rather than being forced or even asked to come back. Probably worth more than a bit of sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment