Saturday 11 October 2008

A start to handstripping


I hadn't really realised I would have to deal with Grey's coat other than the odd brush down with the zoom groom. But last week he was starting to look really hairy and I'd read that the old dead hair needed to be removed to promote a healthy coat that would be waterproof. So I had a go at handstripping and an amazing amount of hair came off. He still looked a bit partchy though, so next advice is to try hand stripping with rubber gloves on, but to watch out as it's quite addictive and I might end up with a weimaraner! I had a run over him today with a comb with a rubber band wrapped round it. He took to it really well and let me do him all over with no bother. Even his paws. By the end though he was looking at me asif to say 'are you finished yet?'


I need to look into whether his beard needs a bit of a trim or not and also to have a go at cutting his nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment