Saturday 15 November 2008

Laid back pupster

Picked Grey up from the boarding kennels yesterday morning. Was really funny to have not seen him for three days. It was like really seeing him for his shape and colour rather than just being used to him, if that makes sense. He was very happy to see me and in a lovely happy mood. He seemed really content trotting around there and he'd made friend's with D's lovely dog, Daisy the SBT. They were all running up and down the runs in a happy go lucky stylee. What made me laugh was D said Grey was contented and very laid back! I suppose he is once he's inside the house, so he must see the kennels as the same thing. I'm really glad I was recommended to try him there. He really likes it and is well looked after.

We went straight to Minnis for a nice walk. I've started going down there as I can park the car near to where I let him off the lead. It's got a mixture of terrain: grass short and long, rough paths, hard tarmac, sand and shingle. Managed to do a spot of LLW too. He slept for the rest of the afternoon. L and I played the name game with him as recommended in the Really Reliable Recall DVD. I also started the programme of hand feeding him to build on the relationship as advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment