Saturday 8 November 2008

When I'm calling you!

Grey's recall has now gone to pot. We're definitely in the realm of the teenager.

This morning in the park he wouldn't come back when I tried to call him off going up to an old lady and a yorkshire terrier on a flexi. Grey was very very very friendly and decided it was ok to try to squeeze through the lady's legs. This is the first time he wouldn't come back when called off another dog and me running in the opposite direction.

So this calls for more stringent management of free running. I got the long line out for the next park visit this evening. Was a bit of a shock for him but was a good move. He came back without having to be reeled in on the line. Have to watch out for friction burns and that I don't break a finger if he decides to run off. I'm thinking of getting this dvd. Leslie Nelson's Really Reliable Recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment