Thursday 8 January 2009

Misty morning walk



Headed out to Botany Bay the last couple of days. The barking has thankfully stopped and we're now just back to excited whining. I always sit and wait for him to stop before I open the door. He's getting much better at waiting before he comes out. He sits and has his lead put on and comes out when he's given the 'ok' release. This morning it was simply stunning on the beach. The weather was much warmer and the mist hung heavy. The beach was more or less deserted. He followed me close today, tracking my footsteps. If I stopped he would arrive at my feet and begin to dig beneath. We ran through the usual series of recalls to whistle which were good. He also did a nice little sit stay in the field up the top to about 5 paces. I didn't want to push it as I didn't have time to really train this if he broke the stay. So left it at that.

I went back out there after lunch. We came across two GSDs pups the same age as Grey. Quite a bit of roughish play. Grey was quite submissive in the beginning and then by the end he let himself down at the end by humping one of the GSDs. Oh dear! While I'm on the subject of humping, since the last two weeks he's taken to humping me and my ugg boots every evening at around teatime. No idea why, unless it's the cats. Funny he only does it at night.

Did quite a long stretch of LLW training all the way up from the beach to the car. I think there is some improvement. But still have a long way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment