Thursday 1 January 2009

New year, new teeth

Today I took pictures of Grey's teeth for the dentist. You can see how well the lower canines have done in moving forwards and outwards. Hopefully this means the brace can come off soon. The dentist has done a brilliant job in working on correcting Grey's problem bite.






In other news, I think Grey seems to have matured somewhat. His recall is really good again (famous last words). He comes back now on the whistle from 100m away with distractions. Woohoo!

I've also started putting his 'sit' on the whistle on a single short 'peep'. He's not got it fully yet, but I've only been at it for a day. I've started trying to add a cue to his thing of lying down in a drop to wait to greet dogs when we're out. No idea how long that's going to take. He's never been too great at connecting cues to offered behaviours.

Last brag is that Grey seems to have passed Level 4 'leave it' of zen. Over two days running he left food on the floor when asked for 30secs.

Lead walking is also much much better. I've got a zero tolerance of any pulling now, so trips out are little dances of me stopping, moving backwards, to the side, encouraging to keep the lead loose and no pulling forward.

I was thinking in recent days how really good for me Grey has been. I have a daily outing where it's like meditation. I just enjoy being out with him rain or shine. Here's to a new year with the pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment