Sunday 28 April 2013

Happy 1st gotcha, Polka!

A year ago I first saw Sunny as a picture in an email. I can now see also that she'd had a wee because I know she was scared. Polka is an english pointer from Ireland and she came to me via Dorset Dog Rescue. They said she was 2 years old. Polka is actually a grown up lady and an eternal puppy all rolled into one.



I drove from Margate to Dorset to meet Sunny and this was how she greeted me.



She was smelly and urine stained after traveling in a closed crate for 24 hours from Ireland. But she was a lovely happy soul.

Sunny came back to Margate with us in the car driving through a storm. Not the greatest situation for a pointer that doesn't like rain and isn't house trained. Sunny didn't know her name, so she became Polka. She was later to become Polka Pants.

This was Polka on her first days with us and Grey together.



Can't believe my girl has been 1 year with us already. But then again I think it seems longer. Can't imagine not having her. Clever, kind, bombproof. My companion and friend. We've learnt she can open any drawer and eat any amount of dried pulses. We've now got child locks fitted.

She's also a madam and has to be held back sometimes so Grey can get on things as well. She's a cuddle monster and loves loving.



Happy 1st gotcha day, Miss Polka Pants.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dogs...both of them! Happy first Gotcha Day Miss Polka Pants, you landed in a good spot girl :-)

    ReplyDelete