Monday 11 August 2008

Grey today

I hesitated about registering a blog for Grey as it seemed abit twee. It may well be, but then I started to realise that it might be useful for myself, and possibly others to have information on this relatively new breed to the UK, a record of his training progress and be a central place to keep hold of the stuff that I've got for him or am mulling over trying out. Then, the thing is, he's a puppy. And this time only comes once and passes quickly.

So here we are, here's Grey today.























A grey day where I live on the east Kent coast. This is him about to yawn. Probably frustrated that I'm taking too long taking his picture. (For more on the significance of yawning in dogs, I can highly recommend the excellent Turid Rugaas book Calming Signals)

His pedigree name is Stormdancer Swoop. He's a male Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer. Today, he's 16 weeks old and just under 16KG. He's been putting on roughly 1KG per week and while Karen his trainer jokes (nervously) that he's a wolf hound crossed with something else, it's agreed that he'll be a big lad. A big hairy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment