Saturday 30 August 2008

Treat Bags


One of the issues of clicker training is the need to wander around with accessible, often greasy tidbits. I've been wandering around with a horrible blue plastic bum bag on for the last three months. I resisted buying a bespoke dog treat bag as invariably they came complete with pictures of dogs on them. When I first got Grey I was poking around an outdoor sports shop, tentatively checking out winter coats for this winter's inevitable freezing beach walks in driving rain. They had a selection of chalk bags for climbers and it dawned on me these might be ideal. Delivering treats needs to be fast and so what's needed is a bag that keeps the treats off your clothes and pockets, but that enables you to get your hand in and out quickly. Treats in pockets or plastic bags in handbags don't work. So when someone on a dog training forum mentioned chalk bags, I've come back to the idea. The bum bag has to go. So I've ordered a patterned bag from homemadeclimbingstuff.com.

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea - a chalk bag - I'd never have thought of that PMSL !!!
    Penel : )

    ReplyDelete