Monday 9 March 2009

Training diary / 9th March p.m.

30 mins
We went to a different field. I didn't like the field because I was worried he could run back to the car. So won't go there again.
A-B from the car to the training area.
He relaxed quickly. 1st voluntary check in 15 secs!
Check in 3, 4, 5 he hung around. I messed up the order of the long line routine. He free ran with it instead of me holding it and doing 'this way'. He refused the 1st recall, then came back after 5 secs on the 2nd recall. So that taught me the importance of the programme. Got hold of the end of the line and did the 'this way' and reinforced check ins.
Struggling to get him to sit with before the throw of the toy. Tried waiting and waiting for him to sit or to reconnect. he just carried on staring at the toy. Need to check what to do about this.
Realise I messed this session up and should have gone home after refused recall and at least should have done some recalls on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment