Friday 6 March 2009

Training diary / 6th March a.m.

session 1 - 6th March
Had to drive around and look for a suitable field. I ended up stopping by the side of the road near Marshside at what looked like a great solution. Field had a public footpath running through it, but not in an area with a lot of dog walkers. Grey was stressed and was barking and lunging at traffic outside the field. I tripped and stumbled over at one point but held on to him. Got into the field and calmed down. I released him with 'your free'. He ran round, had a long wee.
First voluntary check in 1.59mins This includes having a wee.
5 x voluntary check ins with treats x 10 each.
The last 3 check ins he was staying really close to me.
'This ways' on the long line.
10 x response to name.
Recalls x 6. He responded to all and ran past me on all of them. Bumping my legs on one as he ran past. I walked the line and waited for check ins. Then did respond to his name.
Got his toy out and he bounced off me so I put it away.
After the last failed recall we went home.
session length 38 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment