Sunday 8 March 2009

Training diary / 8th March p.m.

Picked Grey up from kennels at lunchtime, so we didn't have a morning session.
Waited for calm before releasing, but I made a mistake. I accidentally let him go and he zoomed off without the 'your free' cue. Argh!
It took him 50 secs to check in.
5 x check ins in total. Check in 3 and 4 he didn't even go away from me after being released. He hung around for more.
Did work on the long line. A couple of pings but mostly staying in range. 3 x recalls with 100% success. 3 x throws of the toy. Then at the end of the session he started to get freaked out at something and just started barking and barking. I parked him and had to hold on to his collar. He couldn't look at me or respond to his name. In the end I collected him up and walked him A to B style holding his collar to the car. he jumped up himself on the 'up up' cue.
Session length 30 mins.

home training:
worked on sits and downs and responding to name. Also working 'up up' on the sofa and lie down before getting 'off'.

No comments:

Post a Comment